In 2022, Living Journeys developed a Prevention Program to provide guidance on ways to lower your risk of getting cancer, such as making healthy choices and screening tests that can find some cancers early. Cancer screenings can detect abnormal cells before they become a problem and they can also identify cancer early, when it may be easier to treat.
Our program aims to provide guidance on the recommended screenings for common types of cancer and encourage residents of Gunnison County, as well as second homeowners and visitors, to take advantage of these screenings through awareness campaigns and educational events with Gunnison Valley Health.
Living Journey’s vision is to ensure that no one fights cancer alone. The impacts of cancer can be devastating to the financial, emotional, and physical well-being of the patient, their family, and their caregivers.
Cancer support is vital in Gunnison County, and we couldn’t do it without our community’s support and donations. Will you help us make our vision a reality by making a donation today?
Living Journeys staff
All donations, regardless of the amount, make an impact. Here is what your gift can do:
- $100 Sponsor a meal for a family
- $250 Provide enrichment opportunities for a cancer patient
- $500 Sponsor an activity for the Youth Group
- $1,000 Provide a cancer patient with private therapy
- $2,500 Help a cancer patient travel for treatment
- $5,000 Provide financial support to an individual
- $10,000 Provide financial support to a family